Choosing any type of fence can prove to be challenging, but when it comes to a front yard fence this can be even more difficult.
There are many different reasons why you may be considering a front yard fence. For instance, you may be wanting to establish a perimeter around your front yard especially if it is large, you are looking for an additional way to boost your home’s curb appeal, or you may simply need to enclose children or pets.
Here some essential questions to explore when you are in search of a front yard fence.
What is the Main Purpose of the Front Yard Fence?
Despite the main purpose of the fence, you will generally want to go with a shorter fence so that it does not block any views but is still high enough to get some privacy.
Consider the style of your home When Selecting a Front Yard Fence
Take some time to evaluate the architectural style of your home and its color palette. It is easy to find a fence that will keep with any theme you currently have going on. There are a variety to choose from, anything from simple to extremely ornate.
Think About How You Want Visitors to Enter Through Your Front Yard Fence
This means welcome and unwelcome visitors alike! Do you need to include a gate? Do you want locked access by a lock, key pad, or call box?
What Type of Material do You Want to Use for a Front Yard Fence?
Take these into consideration when deciding on a material:
- What aesthetic goals do you have?
- How durable does it need to be?
- What level of privacy do you want?
Once you have the answer to these questions look at the following materials to see which one is the best option for you!
- Wood – A traditional wood fence is typically made of cedar. Cedar is very durable and weather resistant. A wood fence will be solid and will provide complete privacy.
- Vinyl – Vinyl fencing is also very durable and is completely maintenance free. Vinyl is another great material if you are looking for privacy.
- Metal – Metal fencing which is typically wrought iron can be very decorative and gives a contemporary vibe. If you are looking to establish boundaries but want to keep visibility a metal fence is perfect.
- Chain Link – Although most of us think that chain link fencing is for commercial properties it can be used for residential fencing. Today’s chain link fencing is less industrial looking and can therefore blend into any landscape. If you need to enclose children or small animals while maintaining visibility chain link is the way to go.
- Composite – Composite fencing is long lasting and can withstand the elements. Its resilience comes from being made with recycled plastics and wood fibers. Although it will limit visibility it is very pleasing to the eye.
Hopefully these questions have helped guide you toward your final decision on what material to use for your front yard fence!
If you are looking to build a fence, check out our site to find some of the best prices on fencing materials!